Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

WillDrotar
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI pulling in incorrect number somehow?

I can't figure this one out... please let me know what you think. 

We have a report that's connected via Direct Query to our database. For every number it's adding 2 to the correct number. I even went so far as to create helper columns to illustrate: 

Broken column.png

I simplified down to this and it's still creating the error. These two fields are identical: 

direct query.png

They're both the same data type (whole number). There's no conditional formatting in the Power Query, or parameters set. This is in both Desktop and the Service.

I'm thinking I could just switch it over to the new column and it'll display correctly, but I want to understand underlying what could be causing something like this to happen?

Any ideas on what could be causing it to calculate wrong on the first column? 

3 REPLIES 3
v-heq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @WillDrotar ,
According to your description, you have not set the conditional format or parameters. Then since you are using a direct query, the problem may be in the query itself. You might want to check to see if there are any functions or operations in the query that might inadvertently add 2 to the number.

Best regards,

Albert He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi Albert,

it's a simple SELECT, the two fields that are selected are shown above. 

It also pulls correctly in SQL Server and the preview in Direct Query, so I don't think it's the query itself.

WillDrotar
Helper I
Helper I

Adding the Transform data/Power Query preview. It displays correctly there:

Transform Data Preview.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.