Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Benedictmooray
Frequent Visitor

Power BI data file refresh issue

Hi,

I am facing an issue with Power BI refresh. Our excel file gets used by many people at work and new enteries come up in the excel file on dailt basis. Daily or weekly sometimes i refresh the data on power BI by clicking on refresh option given at top of Power BI desktop. Now, when i get the refreshed data on PBI desktop, the data shows up wierdly. Sometimes it shows the right figure and sometimes it shows the wrong figure. As an example, there was a person in the excel data file who was replaced by person B, but that person A still shows up on Power BI page level filter drop down.
Please help me in resolving this issue of how i can get the right data on refreshing the import excel data file.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Benedictmooray 

Based on my test, if the value has been selected in the filter, it will still show up after refreshing although it has been removed from the data source Excel file. If we uncheck it in the filter, it will disappear immediately. However, if this value is not selected before refreshing, it will disappear after refreshing as expected. 

In the first scenario that the removed value is selected in the filter, although it still shows up in the filter, it has 0 count beside it which means this value doesn't have any matching. 

vjingzhang_0-1687333871291.png

You have to reset the selected values in the filter after refreshing if one selected value doesn't exist any more. Power BI cannot replace or change a selected option automatically. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your reply. The problem is that out office is still using the Power BI desktop only, so do not have the PBI service etc yet. Now considering that they have only PBI desktop, is there any way this issue can be sorted out, please?

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.