Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

rachaelwalker
Resolver III
Resolver III

Power BI & Wrike. Cannot convert dates to Date/Time format

I am pulling tasks from Wrike into power BI and the date fields are coming in as text and will not let me convert to date format. I am new to Power BI. Does anyone know how I can successfully convert this in the advanced editor?

2019-03-05 08_15_11-Wrike - Power BI Desktop.png2019-03-05 08_19_44-Wrike - Power BI Desktop.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I closed it and reopened and it is now allowing me to convert the data. Issue resolved

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
AdityaPowerBI
Helper II
Helper II

I am curious how are you connecting wrike with Power BI. Is through any api or a 3rd party software? Even I need to connect to Wrike with Power BI

HotChilli
Super User
Super User

Something's not right because I typed some of your data in manually and it changed type ok in the Power Query editor.

Can you test with these fields

2011-08-12T20:17:46.384Z   2017-12-07T22:27:27Z

When you type it in manually, it automatically makes it a date/time field. When it is imported or pulled from Wrike it comes in as a text field and cannot be converted to date/time. When I manually type this into excel, I cannot convert to date/time either. Once I remove the T and Z from within the timestamp, I can convert in excel but I am not sure how to accomplish this in BI

@rachaelwalker 

Hi, im not sure about the errorbut you can remove the T and Z.

In Query Editor, Select your Column and

Go to Replace Value   -- T with Space (Made a Space in the keyboard)

Go to Replace Value -- Z with nothing  (Don't write anything)

Lima - Peru

What message and error data do you get when changing the text type to date/time in the Power Query editor?

The error is in my first post

I closed it and reopened and it is now allowing me to convert the data. Issue resolved

@rachaelwalker ,

Glad to hear that. You may help accept the solution above. Your contribution is highly appreciated.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.