Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jameslo30
Advocate III
Advocate III

Power BI Update Issues

Hi,

I have just upgraded to version 2.31.4280.361 64-bit (Jan 2016).

I have found two issues and was wondering if anyone else has noticed?

- Text in text boxes disapears after doing a Report Refresh

- I cannot remove "Category Label" from the Card visual

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks,

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jameslo30
Advocate III
Advocate III

Regards to the issues that are mentioned on the first post, they have been resolved in the February 2016 update to PowerBI Desktop - 2.32.4307.522

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
jameslo30
Advocate III
Advocate III

Regards to the issues that are mentioned on the first post, they have been resolved in the February 2016 update to PowerBI Desktop - 2.32.4307.522

HarrisMalik
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@jameslo30 The two issues you mentioned are indeed bugs. I can also replicate them.

For now we have a work around for both:

1. Cannot remove category label from card visual

Workaround: As mentioned by @greggyb

2. Text in textbox disappears on report refresh

Workaround: After adding the text to a text box, save the file, close Power BI and reopen it. Now when you do a refresh the text will not disappear.

SabineOussi
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

I'm having the same issues.

Did you get any feedback yet?

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@jameslo30 I can confirm that you cannot remove "Category Label" from the Card visual

If anyone has had a card visual that they've removed the Category Label from don't test this

you won't be able to remove it again - unless of course you close your file without saving which actually removed it again

greggyb
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Confirmed.

Text box text disappears on model refresh.

Card doesn't let you remove category label.

• Workaround: Create multi-row card, remove label, transform to regular card - no category label. This will allow you to remove category labels.

I'm submitting two bug reports for these. I suggest you do so as well.

I'm also finding that some in-graph labels are not positioned correctly. For example, when using the scatter chart only the bottom half of the year displays when it's associated with the play axis.... Also when using the line and clustered column chart, dots are now visible following near the line, which wasn't the case prior to the update. 

Anyone else having these problems and come up with a work-around?

Thanks,

C. 

@CLNersesian

Make sure you submit this as a bug report, as well. You can do so in PBI Desktop by using the 'Send a frown' option in the File menu, or by opening a ticket here for bugs in the PBI Service.

The forums are a great avenue for discussing issues, sharing thoughts / ideas, and troubleshooting, but they are not the official medium to submit bug reports.

Proper bug reports will receive more attention from the devs than forum posts.

Yeah, thanks. I did read the thread.  

Is anyone else having the this problem find a work-around. 

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Map Labels are blurry after update - Anyone else have this problem?

After many attempts to fix this today...

It seems that if the Page Size is set to anything other than Dynamic - Labels become blurry

I just reorganized ALL my pages from Dynamic to 16:9 because Dynamic doesn't show well on an iPad

But it's not only the 16:9 - any setting other than Dynamic and Labels are blurry

I am also getting the "Blurry Maps" in the background and its quite bad.

We have some exiting reports and suddenly they are looking pale on both desktop as well as the web portal.

Can we please look into it?

Hi Shuan,

I've noticed this in all versions of PowerBI Desktop. Sometimes the reports are blury, sometimes not.

I think it does make a difference depending on what your screen resolution is.

Another annoying thing in PowerBI (that I've seen in all versions) is sometimes visuals will lose their formatting for things like Titles or Text. I.e. I change a title to colour BLUE, but after a refresh or update the model, it will default back to grey.

Thanks,

James

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Yes I can confirm the COLOR CHANGES in maps, column and bar charts - very annoying.

After you've set the Data Colors for categories that you want to look the same across all pages - they just randomly change.

In fact sometimes colors change on items you are using the defaults for but at least you haven't set those.

Seems it was happening less lately but still does.

Have not said anything about this because we had bigger issues to deal with and still do.

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Add to this list...

MAP Labels - pixelated - look terrible after update!

greggyb
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Make sure you submit this as a bug report, as well. You can do so in PBI Desktop by using the 'Send a frown' option in the File menu, or by opening a ticket here for bugs in the PBI Service.

The forums are a great avenue for discussing issues, sharing thoughts / ideas, and troubleshooting, but they are not the official medium to submit bug reports.

Proper bug reports will receive more attention from the devs than forum posts.

@greggyb - I'm checking if anyone on the forums are having a similar issue before I submit a bug report. It's helpful to find out if it's just limited to my computer.

I'll report an issue if it's replicated elsewhere.

Thanks,
James

@jameslo30, it's a bug even if it's not replicated. Like I said, the forums are a great place for discussion, but it doesn't need to be confirmed by others to be a valid bug report.

@greggyb - Are you having this problem also?

Thanks,

James

I've not seen these specific problems since updating, no.

I can confirm going back to the older version ( 2.30.4246.181 - Dec 2015) Fixes the issue. So it only appears in the new version for me.

If anyone else is having the same issue, please report.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.