Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kemmerrc
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI - Slicer select Drop-Down or List Missing

In Power BI, I created a Slicer. The Slicer is a list of departments. I tried to click the down-arrow to change the slicer to a dropdown but that option is not there. List is not there either. Instead, I get an error "This setting has moved. To change the slicker style, select Format >Slicer settings > Options > Style." So I went to Format, but Slicer settings is not there. How do I fix my slicer to allow for a drop-down menu?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
olgad
Super User
Super User

Hi, so you dont see this? Slicer settings -Style? Under style are all the options

B0E8DE0F-6568-4E65-B281-74B84711D611.jpeg

DID I ANSWER YOUR QUESTION? PLEASE MARK MY POST AS A SOLUTION! APPRECIATE YOUR KUDO/LIKE!
PROUD TO BE A SUPER USER!
Best Stories, Interesting Cases: PowerBI Storytime Newsletter
Linkedin Profile: Linkedin
YouTube Channel: PowerBI Storytime

View solution in original post

Padycosmos
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Installing the latest version of Power BI desktop might help

Here's the screenshot from June 2023 version of Power BI wherein both Vertical List and Dropdown optons are available in Slicer settings

Padycosmos_1-1686844626464.png

13 REPLIES 13
Padycosmos
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Here's the screenshot from June 2023 version of Power BI wherein both Vertical List and Dropdown optons are available in Slicer settings

Padycosmos_0-1686844554776.png

JoXXX

Hi, have this problem been solved? I have the same case where 'Slicer settings' is not available and wonder where I can find it? Thanks

Padycosmos_1-1686844626464.png

Padycosmos
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Installing the latest version of Power BI desktop might help

olgad
Super User
Super User

Hi, so you dont see this? Slicer settings -Style? Under style are all the options

B0E8DE0F-6568-4E65-B281-74B84711D611.jpeg

DID I ANSWER YOUR QUESTION? PLEASE MARK MY POST AS A SOLUTION! APPRECIATE YOUR KUDO/LIKE!
PROUD TO BE A SUPER USER!
Best Stories, Interesting Cases: PowerBI Storytime Newsletter
Linkedin Profile: Linkedin
YouTube Channel: PowerBI Storytime

I do not see the dropdown option either... and I am a Microsoft Power BI license holding and I have an E3 subscription to MS 365

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not seeing the same thing as yours. I see the Slicer settings but I don't see the Options. Please see the screenshot.

kelvd4real_0-1701275564351.png

Hello,

I feel that you have selected the new Button Slicer. Instead , select the normal slicer as shown below :

Padycosmos_1-1701284077436.png

Padycosmos_0-1701283949781.png

This is the reply that helped me.   

I downloaded and subscribed to Power BI yesterday and was confounded by not being able to see the dropdown option.  And, the slicer I selected had the lightening bolt. 

This morning, the lightening bolt option is done.  I have created a new slicer, and the dropdown option is available to me!

Thank you so much @Padycosmos , you really helped alot , i have seen where the problem is.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! You are absolutely correct. Thank you so much!

This is it! They really should update their warning of how to update it. It's June 2023 and it still shows to go to a menu that doesn't exist.

Padycosmos_2-1686844667032.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.