Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mrthib

Power BI Service placing slicers behind chart

I recently made a report that I really like. The problem though is that in order to maximize space I placed the dropdown slicer for my area charts on the chart, near the labels. I think this looks really good and it is intuitive that this slicer only applies to this chart. After publishing the chart though I learned that if someone clicks the chart it pulls the chart forward and pushes the slicer to the back. In order to get the slicer back you have to click a blank space on the canvas. This is not very intutive. Is there anyway to keep power bi sevice from readjusting the layering of my charts and slicers?

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mrthib,

I think it is hard to find a perfect solution. If we keep the slicer in the front, how can we use the part of the chart covered by the slicer. If we create a button, what is the difference with the blank place. Maybe you could submit an idea here: power-bi-ideas.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I would really like to see the a little bit more control over the interactions of layering. I completely understand why there are instances where you would want to click something in the background and pull it forward. There are also a lot of times where I would not want that though. Another example was that I created a header section using a rectangluar block with a border. This held my page slicers. If someone clicks the box though it pulls it in front of the slicers. That is more of a hinderance now than anyhing. If they could include a feature that would allow you to glue the layering of specific charts together that would be awesome.

Hi @mrthib,

I couldn't agree more. That's really a good idea to manage the visuals, especially the slicers. You could vote or submit an idea here: container-objects. Maybe we could get it in the near future.

Best Regards

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.