cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Re: Power BI Report server - Issue with deploying power bi report

Hi @XIANG,

Thanks for your sharing. Smiley Happy

Would you please upload those log files created around that time to your OneDrive and share the link here? As the log message in your post is not completed. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
XIANG Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

@v-qiuyu-msft  sorry for that 

here is the lien 

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ao41zm5ScQN5hCrFkgoagGgVa5Sd   

should be around 11:24 

AFo Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft, is it possible you can share or PM an email I can send the logs to? The full logs contain environment infomation that I can't share publicly. I have tried uninstalling \ reinstalling the PBI Report Server and still the issue remains.

Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Thanks @XIANG. I already reported this issue internally, will update here once get feedback.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

@AFo As it contains sensitive information, you can send me the private message with log files.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Dear @v-qiuyu-msft

I tried to reinstall. Now I am facing other issue that report instance PBIRS is not appearing in the list. Please find below the screenshot. What would be the root cause of this issue?

Br,

Shams

PBIReportServerIssue.png

XIANG Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hello 

Did you have any solution? 

Still have the problem here..Smiley Sad

biswedishdevil Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I'm facing the exact same problem. Created a basic report in Power BI Desktop, and can't upload it to the PBI Report Server...

Data analytics supporter !
Highlighted
aarontx Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I am having a very similar issue.  

I can successfully upload a Report Builder report, however am unable to upload a Power BI report both through Power BI Desktop (SSRS) and from the Upload button on the Power BI Reporting Server.

I do receive the following in the logs however....

2017-05-30 13:13:14.3514|FATAL|1|Could not start PBIXSystem.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Net.HttpListenerException: Access is denied
at System.Net.HttpListener.AddAllPrefixes()
at System.Net.HttpListener.Start()
at Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.OwinHttpListener.Start(HttpListener listener, Func`2 appFunc, IList`1 addresses, IDictionary`2 capabilities, Func`2 loggerFactory)
at Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.OwinServerFactory.Create(Func`2 app, IDictionary`2 properties)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at Microsoft.Owin.Hosting.ServerFactory.ServerFactoryAdapter.Create(IAppBuilder builder)
at Microsoft.Owin.Hosting.Engine.HostingEngine.Start(StartContext context)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.WebHost.Program.Main()

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!

Aaron G.

Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Hi all,

I got the information from escalation engineer, please follow below steps to troubleshoot the issue:

In the RSPowerBI log-

2017-05-23 11:25:32.1561|FATAL|1|Could not start PBIXSystem.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Net.HttpListenerException: Access is denied

at System.Net.HttpListener.AddAllPrefixes()

at System.Net.HttpListener.Start()

at Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.OwinHttpListener.Start(HttpListener listener, Func`2 appFunc, IList`1 addresses, IDictionary`2 capabilities, Func`2 loggerFactory)

at Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.OwinServerFactory.Create(Func`2 app, IDictionary`2 properties)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

This seems to point to a URL registration issue. This could be caused by a couple scenarios:

1. Permissions
    1. The PBI service account does not have permissions to write new HTTP reservations.
      1. We can test this by changing the PowerBI sever account to be an admin account via the configuration manager and restarting the service
  1. Conflicting reservation
    1. Does the user have another instance of SSRS installed on this server? If so do the URLs configured conflict at all?

The next thing I would try would be to test a normal SSRS report to see if all reports are unable to upload or only PBIX reports. I have attached a simple report with no datasource, please see if they are able to upload the report. Beyond Power BI report server log we could gather a Procmon of them attempting to upload to see where the denial is occurring.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu