Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Zach_Scaturro

Power BI Report Filter Pages

Hello,

Does anyone know of a way in PowerBI to show report filter pages like in excel? 

I'm trying to show the same page (report) for each value in my slicer. However this slicer can have different values everytime...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jianpeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Zach_Scaturro 

I'm happy to answer your questions. Based on your description, we can use Bookmark to generate separate pages. We can capture the current state of the report page. Bookmarks save current filters and slicers, cross-highlighted visuals, sort order, and more.

13.png

14.png

For example, I saved the report effect under slicer b through bookmarks, and selected the report effect under slicer b&c at the same time. If I modify the report or slicer under the b page Bookmark, it will not affect the report under the b c page Bookmarks. You can learn more about Bookmark through the link below:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-bookmarks?tabs=powerbi-desktop

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards

Jianpeng Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-jianpeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Zach_Scaturro 

I'm happy to answer your questions. Based on your description, we can use Bookmark to generate separate pages. We can capture the current state of the report page. Bookmarks save current filters and slicers, cross-highlighted visuals, sort order, and more.

13.png

14.png

For example, I saved the report effect under slicer b through bookmarks, and selected the report effect under slicer b&c at the same time. If I modify the report or slicer under the b page Bookmark, it will not affect the report under the b c page Bookmarks. You can learn more about Bookmark through the link below:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-bookmarks?tabs=powerbi-desktop

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards

Jianpeng Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Zach_Scaturro

sure! So for every value in the slicer, I would like to have it's own page showing that Values respective data. The values in the slicer however change based off the value in the second slicer (Carbon ID). Does that make sense? 

Zach_Scaturro_0-1706808823670.png

@Zach_Scaturro ,

did you check the concept of drill through, check it out https://youtu.be/BbplhqDCWOM?si=XYx7jdqtaY3hVLkJ

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

The concept is nice, but I don't think this would work in my situation. If I have a grower who has 5 fields, I want to see 5 seperate pages for export. I could then have a grower with 9 different fields, I would like to see 9 different pages for export. The field list is different everytime for the respective grower. 

Show report filter pages in excel is the perfect solution, however I want to use BI. 

Is there a solution in power automate?

Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @Zach_Scaturro ,

I didn't really understand what you want, can you show us please?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.