Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Rice1
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Map Visual Bubbles Disappear After Adding Legend or Bubble Size Field

I am using Latitude/Longitude coordinates to plot location points on a map. The bubbles appear fine when just the Lat & Long fields are input into the Power BI normal Map visual. However, when I try to add a field - which is a simple count measure - into the Bubble Size field, or add a unique type field into Legend to show different colours, every single bubble immediately disappears, with no error message from Power BI as well. Any idea on why this happens? I only have 500+ data points. Same thing happens with ARCGis maps, I tried Filled Map but it doesn't really serve my purpose, and for Azure Map, I don't have access to it yet. How do I fix this with the normal Map Visual? Thank you.Bubbles appear fine with just Lat/Long fieldsBubbles appear fine with just Lat/Long fieldsBubbles disappear when Bubble size field is filledBubbles disappear when Bubble size field is filledBubbles disappear when Legend field is filledBubbles disappear when Legend field is filled

Update: Showing error message after clicking on the 'i' button.

Now if the Lat/Long values are invalid, how did Power BI display the original visual in the first place? 

Rice1_1-1714116849063.png

3 REPLIES 3
cbndnl

Hi, Did you find the solution? 

It happens to me the same 

HotChilli
Super User
Super User

Please provide more details.

We need to see the model and a data sample and what the measure (Number of Claims) is. 

Please click on the 'i' in the map visual (top right) to see what message powerbi is giving you.

Hi HotChilli, 

Unfortunately I am unable to reveal my dataset as it is confidential, but I can give a simple analogy. 
Imagine that every bubble represents a water pipe that leaks. Some of them leak once, while some of them get fixed and then leaked again. My data contains information of the pipe ID (e.g. Pipe 1, Pipe 2, Pipe 348), and also the different manufacturer for every pipe (Model (groups)). So every time a pipe leaks, a record is added to the dataset, with the Pipe ID, the manufacturer name, and the location of the leak. I derived (Number of Claims) with COUNT('Table'[Pipe ID]). 

As for the 'i', I have indeed found the 'i' button that you were referring to. Now if the Lat/Long values were invalid, how did Power BI display the original visual in the first place? 

Rice1_1-1714116849063.png

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.