Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

WinterMist
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Power BI MODEL VIEW - Relationship Lines Now Travel BEHIND Tables Instead of AROUND Them

Hello Community - 

Usually, in the Power BI Desktop Model View, relationship lines go AROUND tables.

If a table is dragged to where a line is, the application automatically moves the line so that it goes around whatever table is moved.

Some time ago, the PROD version of a report stopped doing this.

Now the majority of the relationship lines travel BEHIND table objects, making the model much more difficult to read.

I've tried to drag the tables or lines, but it doesn't work, and I can't find a setting that just auto handles it.  (Normally it just handles it without me doing anything.)

In other cases, I could just wipe out the file & start from scratch.  (Maybe it's some glitch.)

But since this is the PROD file, I cannot do that.

Any suggestion to fixing this without manually destroying all the relationships & manually re-creating them one by one?

Thanks,

Nathan

7 REPLIES 7
JordanW_EBE

Still not fixed.

PettJo101

I agree! I am dealing with the same thing ever since September/Oct 2023 updates. It's very frustrating. Also whenever I hover over to highlight a line, it highlights a completely different line. I contacted support 3 times and at first they didn't see it on their end until I showed them examples. They said they were working on it, but nothing has been fixed.

They need to fix this because it is super frustrating and has been an issue for 6 months now. 

OlivierBigot

Hello

I'm getting the same eversince I added a table the relationships started not avoiding the tables : 

OlivierBigot_0-1711438679220.png

CharlotteKeulen
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue, it looks horrid. My previously organized data model was clear to read, but now the relationship lines are an absolute mess, with even diagonal lines in it.

CharlotteKeulen_0-1698321512145.png

It's the ugliest update from Power BI thus far!! Whoever approved it should be fired!!

WinterMist
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@vicky_  - Thanks for this information.  I appreciate you englightening me.

@v-yueyunzh-msft  - Is this truly a bug & is it something Microsoft is aware of and or working to resolve?

Thank you both.

Nathan

vicky_
Super User
Super User

I'm pretty sure this is a bug with the latest version of PowerBI, as it's something that i've experienced myself. What might work is to download / roll-back to a PBI version where it was working and wait for the MS team to fix it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.