Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amitkumar82
Regular Visitor

Power BI Journey Chart - Unable to create uneven levels

Capture.PNGHi,

I am using JourneyChart - ByMAQSoftware. I am facing 2 issues. Please help here.

Issue 1 :  Unable to visualize ragged hierarchy data. It is only accepting balanced hierarchy data. E.g below

I am trying to visualize below data. But it is throwing null error. 

CLo1Col2Col3

To overcome I have to insert some values in blank fields. But it then creates additional nodes with value (-)

CLo1Col2Col3
12 -
1 - -

Issue 2 :  I am unable to visualize beyond levels 7. When I try to insert level 8 columns it does not let me do it.

Have attached a picture of graph. But this graph is Balanced hierarchy graph. I need something which is unbalanced. One branch might goes to level 5 another to 4 etc.

Regards.

Amit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI, @amitkumar82

Issue 1: 

I'm afraid it couldn't achieve in Power BI JourneyChart - ByMAQSoftware for now.

Blank value in the ragged hierarchy data of your sample data represent a category, it also could be "4","5", etc.

You could not remove it just from visual.

Issue 2:

here are hints and tips for JourneyChart - ByMAQSoftware.

1) Measure data field and category data field are required.

2) Multiple measures and categories can be selected (Maximum 4 for categories and 5 for measures).

3) Hover over the nodes to display the value and percentage value. Percentage value is calculated relatively to its siblings of the same parent.

4) You can drag around the nodes in visual area.

5) Option to zoom in/out and panning the visual area.

6) Option to On/Off legends.

7) Option to select the color of nodes. If multiple categories are selected, color will be applied to nodes based on values in first category only. Measures will also follow the same colors.

😎 Formatting options for Root node - Text and color

9) Formatting option for labels - On/Off, color and size

For any feature requests or questions about this visual, please send an e-mail to the team at support@maqsoftware.com.

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380989?tab=Overview

Best Regards,
Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI, @amitkumar82

Issue 1: 

I'm afraid it couldn't achieve in Power BI JourneyChart - ByMAQSoftware for now.

Blank value in the ragged hierarchy data of your sample data represent a category, it also could be "4","5", etc.

You could not remove it just from visual.

Issue 2:

here are hints and tips for JourneyChart - ByMAQSoftware.

1) Measure data field and category data field are required.

2) Multiple measures and categories can be selected (Maximum 4 for categories and 5 for measures).

3) Hover over the nodes to display the value and percentage value. Percentage value is calculated relatively to its siblings of the same parent.

4) You can drag around the nodes in visual area.

5) Option to zoom in/out and panning the visual area.

6) Option to On/Off legends.

7) Option to select the color of nodes. If multiple categories are selected, color will be applied to nodes based on values in first category only. Measures will also follow the same colors.

😎 Formatting options for Root node - Text and color

9) Formatting option for labels - On/Off, color and size

For any feature requests or questions about this visual, please send an e-mail to the team at support@maqsoftware.com.

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380989?tab=Overview

Best Regards,
Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you Lin for your reply. It helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.