Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power Automate Visual not working properly on PowerBI desktop

I was using Power Automate Visual inside Power BI for some time (6 months) and everything was running smoothly.
However, since last week all i'm getting from Power Automate is this empty screen when trying to edit it inside POWERBI:

POWERAUTOMATE.png

Does anyone know how to solve it?
Steps i've already tried:
1- Asking my colleague to open it from his computer.
2- Restarting my computer
3- Reinstalling POWERBI
4- Power Automate Cloud Flows are okay on the web version.
5- Tried to create a new dashboard, same error on it.

We noticed that the power automate is working properly on the web version of power BI, however it is not viable to keep editing BI via the web version.

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
jdwood44
Regular Visitor

I'm now experiencing this exact same issue with Power BI Desktop Version: 2.114.664.0 64-bit (February 2023) published on 2/14/2023. I created the Power Automate flow prior to this latest version and it loaded fine. I've edited it multiple times as recently as yesterday (2/15/2023). Also on 2/15/2023, for the first time I 1) edited the flow in the PBI service [added a run-only user] and 2) edited this flow in Power Automate [service not Power Automate embedded in my PBI Desktop model]. This makes me think that this "bug" might be triggered when you edit a Power Automate flow (created in PBI Desktop) in either the PBI service or Power Automate service...or when you add run-only users. Those are the only two things I've done differently and since then the Power Automate "edit" page won't load in PBI Desktop. Edit works fine in PBI service and Power Automate service.

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to my research, a similar issue has been reported internally, so stay tuned. ICM: 273085537

I will update here once I get any information.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yanjiang-msft thanks for the feedback!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , this may be because on Nov 2021 update. Check your version.

If it is Nov 2021, check the reported issues on -https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

if needed report a new one

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.