Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

monogamer
Advocate I
Advocate I

Possible bug found on the new slicer buttons (November 23 release)

Hello, all!

Let me just start by saying that the news of a new slicer visual got me very excited to try them on my project. The customazation of slicers was really needed and I believe it is very useful design-wise!

However I think I found a bug (or 2) in the new visuals (unless I am missing something because these 2 things were working properly with the old slicers).

1) When syncing the same slicer in 2 different pages, the chosen options do not stay "on" when switching between pages.

2) Possibly the real "bug" that also causes problem 1) is that when moving between pages none of the new slicers "remember" the chosen values.

Here is an demo file that shows what I mean:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lhhG8ywX78AGBjlaFRnWNy97Zwqk2GSg/view?usp=sharing

In this file there are 2 slicers: account_bank (using the new slicer visual), and date (using the old slicer visual)

Both slicers in page 1 are synced with the slicers in page 2. The slicers in page 3 are not synced with the other ones.

When using the new visual, the options are not remembered when switching pages, but with the old visual, the options are both remembers when switching (page 3 to any other page and back) and are consistent between synced slicers (between page 1 and 2)

5 REPLIES 5
ecalzavara
Helper II
Helper II

it would also be nice to still have the dropdown option, and be able to customize the radio button colours...

caseyace
Frequent Visitor

I've also encountered the button slicers have been non-responsive when published to the service.  

ecalzavara
Helper II
Helper II

It would also be nice to have them resizing dynamically, not having to specify a fixed num of columns and of rows.

rusty123
Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue. I got excited and quickly implemented it into a number of reports, then had to revert back to a previous version because of this bug. My users have become accustomed to sticky slicers and synced slicers and that feature is simply broken in this update. Understandaby it is still in preview so hopefully they get this feature fixed soon.

kf_yew

Same problem, options selected & saved not remember. Every time I open PBIX it defaulted to option that I don't want.

I'm really excited about this new feature, imagine if we have two-button slicer, we can now make hidden border two-button slicer with selected value underlined. Super useful. I hope the bug is fixed soon in December 2023 update.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.