Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cr1s88
Frequent Visitor

Pie Graph not interacting with card

Hi everyone,

I received an already worked powerbi Model, I'm not that comfortable with the data base that it's using but i'm trying to make it work, I've searched other posts with no luck since I've seen problems like this one rely more on interactions between graphs or filters, I believe my problem unfortunately might be data configuration.

Problem is that when I select one piece of my pie chart my card doesn't interact

Data base example

MonthGeneral Aviation PassengersComercial Passengers
January100500
February200300

I've tried my pie graph with:

a) dragging both columns

b) creating 2 measures

I've tried my card with:

a) A measure by adding the 2 measures

b) A measure by using SUMX with both columns

Still haven't found a way to make it work with this combinations.

Cr1s88_1-1656367825400.png

Interactions are working properly since I can choose a month and it interacts perfectly problem relies only between pie chart and card.

If you have any ideas i would appreciate it, thank you!

9 REPLIES 9
TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @Cr1s88 

There can be a few reasons for this but if you received the model as is, then just check that:

1. Your pie graph data is from the same table as the KPI card.  If this doesn't work, go to 2.

2. Click on your pie graph, then go into the ribbon and go to Format tab. The first button on the left in the Format tab is the "Edit Interactions" button.  Please click this.  Once clicked, look at the Cark visual to see whether there is a no filter sign.  If it is on no filter (the blue circled one), then click the "filter" icon on the card visual (one of the others) so that there is an interaction between the two.

TheoC_0-1656369289880.png

Hope this helps!

Theo

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

Cr1s88
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the  support TheoC,

Yup I only have one data table, and I created one for time functions.

I tried interactions proposal with no luck, unfortunately I believe I'll have to live with no interaction or modify data base to have only one column with both passenger types.

Cr1s88_0-1656370655531.png

Hi @Cr1s88 did you click on the KPI card to see if edit interaction was reversed?

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

Cr1s88
Frequent Visitor

Yes, well actually there seems to be no interaction "from the card" I think this is beacuse there is nothing to filter from here since it is only a number. It only shows the filter icon that it can be affected by a year slicer.

Cr1s88_0-1656438485517.png

Hi @Cr1s88 ,

As @TheoC suggested, please check if the pie chart have no impact on card visual by changing the interaction behaviour just as below screenshot... So the data on the card visual not effected by the pie chart selection....

Change how visuals interact in a Power BI report

yingyinr_0-1656672757948.png

Best Regard

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Morning Ying!

Yes, I checked it but it does have interaction. For example when I select my pie graph or a line graph I got it shows the same interaction icons.

Cr1s88_0-1656954153489.png

When I select a part of my pie chart it doesn't interact, but when i select a month of my line graph it does filter the month on the card. Only difference I can think of is the data base configuration. The month is a register in every log, whereas passengers are different columns.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Hi @Cr1s88 ,

In order to make troubleshooting and give you a suitable solution, could you please share a simplified pbix file with card visual and pie chart? You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Cr1s88 

Can you share the measures that you used to set up the card? Did you use any All, removefilters,.... dax formulas in those measures to ignore the filter by PAX names?

Appreciate your Kudos!! 

Badges.jpg

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog | YouTube 

Hi Vahid!

Measures I've tried different options for the measures of the card:

Opt 1.  SUM X of the 2 columns

"Pax Totales = SUMX('Indicadores AIT','Indicadores AIT'[PAX AV COMERCIAL] + 'Indicadores AIT'[PAX AV GENERAL])"

Opt. 2 the sum of two measures (which are the ones that I use for the PIE GRAPH)

Pie Graph Measure 1 (Sum of column 1) = 

Pax general = SUM('Indicadores AIT'[PAX AV GENERAL])

Pie Graph Measure 2 (Sum of column 2)=
Pax comercial = SUM('Indicadores AIT'[PAX AV COMERCIAL])

Therefore mi card measure would be Measure 1 + measure 2

Note: I have also tried to make the pie graph only dragging column values instead of the measures

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.