Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

GVallentgoed
Frequent Visitor

Pie Graph Detail Label/Legend Color Issue

Detail Labels on pie graph will not change color when "Legend" field is blank.  My "Values' field has data from their own columns, so I don't require the "Legend" field to be populated.  But when the "Legend" field is un-populated, the pie graph does not allow me to customize the font on the detail Labels.  The detail label font can only be customized when the "Legend" field is populated.  Is this a bug? I shouldn't have to categorize my data set for a Legend just to customize my font IMHO. Any ideas?

GVallentgoed_0-1715270946485.png

GVallentgoed_1-1715271032729.png

6 REPLIES 6
GVallentgoed
Frequent Visitor

GVallentgoed_0-1715715063644.jpeg

Hi,@GVallentgoed ,
Thanks for your kin patience.
According to  your description, I suggest you choose another version number of desktop

vjtianmsft_0-1715747146826.png

Version: 2.128.952.0 64-bit (April 2024)
You can download this version of desktop from the official website and see if it solves your problem.

vjtianmsft_1-1715747146830.png

I hope my suggestions  give you good ideas, if you have any more questions, please clarify in a follow-up reply.

Best Regards,

Carson Jian,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I don't have an option to download that version on the website. could this be a location restriction? Would you be able to provide me a link to the version?

Thanks

Garet

Hello,thanks for getting back to me.

I downloaded the latest version of dekstop from the official website

I suggest you to download the 32-bit version and see if it solves the problem.
Version: 2.128.1380.0 32-bit (April 2024)

vjtianmsft_0-1715822810688.png

I hope my suggestions give you good ideas, if you have any more questions, please clarify in a follow-up reply.

Best Regards,

Carson Jian,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-jtian-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,@GVallentgoed.

I am glad to help you.

According to your description, you want to change the color of the font only if you put data in "Values" field.
Hello according to my test. It may be caused by the version problem, please go to the power BI official website to download the latest version of power bi desktop
Here is the url:
Downloads | Microsoft Power BI

vjtianmsft_0-1715322994479.png

The result of the test:
It is possible to change the color of the font only if you put a data in "Values" field.

I hope my suggestions give you good ideas, if you have any more questions, please clarify in a follow-up reply.
Best Regards,
Carson Jian,

I updated to the latest version available to me and I am still having the issue.  I have background units turned on, yet no backround will appear. The color is locked to grey.  Selecting a color will show the color box switch for a split second, then turn back to grey. 

GVallentgoed_0-1715344293596.png

GVallentgoed_2-1715344484990.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.