Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Imagauthamam
Helper I
Helper I

Performance tuning for DirectQuery datasets

I have prepared a report with my fact table in DirectQuery Mode. Some of the visuals take 10-20 seconds to load. The measure is not complex,it is just a count of a column. If a visual is taking 20 seconds, I want to do performance tuning to make it to load in less than 10 seconds. Where should I start? If someone has worked in DirectQuery Mode please share us your experience.

Right now, what we have done is pushing transformations to the source and created column index

2 REPLIES 2
Imagauthamam
Helper I
Helper I

@amitchandak Thanks Amit for the response. If you have worked on DirectQuery datasets, can you please tell me a rough estimate of how much time an visual takes to load. I know it depends on the dataset. But I just want to understand that the time taken my visual is of acceptable standard or it can be improved further? 

• Our table contains 7 million rows. If I do a count of a column and slice it by a row from dimension table, it takes around 15 seconds. Is it high or is this expected in DirectQuery Mode?
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Imagauthamam , make sure joins are on Numeric keys.  Joins are single directional and you have enabled referential integrity

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.