Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Kds1113
Helper I
Helper I

Performance Issues - Sharepoint Datasource

I'm trying to improve the performance of my PowerBI report.  It's currently taking about 3.5 minutes to refresh.  I'm connecting to 6 different sharepoint lists.   The data is used to feed 2 reports (separate tabs), which have different formats.  After some research, here's how i set up my queries.

- Source 1 query (imports, minor transformation)

- Query for report 1 (reference to Source 1 query, additional transformation needed for report 1)

- Query for report 2 (referece to Source query, additional transformation needed for report 2).

.... and so on for all 6 sources.

Then i have a "master" file for report 1 that appends queries 1-6 and another one for report 2.

Here are the things I've tried, either individually or in combination with each other:

-  quering the source once and then referencing in other queries (as seen above)

-  enabling/disabling parallel loads 

- adding Table.Buffer aroung the source for tables that start with a reference

- disable baground data

- grouping transformation steps

I'm not sure what else to try. 

Additional info:

- The two reports must appear in the same workbook so separating them is not an option.

- The reports will eventurally published to an internal server.

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Check the indexes on your sharepoint lists.

Read about accessing Sharepoint lists with ODATA queries

Avoid lookup field expansions where possible.

I've never used ODATA queries so I'll definetely look into it.  I do have a couple of lookup fields and hadn't considered that could be an issue but it makes sense.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.