Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

busybee
Helper I
Helper I

Percentage of grand total in parentheses

I have a 100% clustered column chart. In the Values section, I have a column set to '% of grand total'. When I hover over my chart, it shows 2 percentages, one outside parenthesis and the other in parentheses. The percentage in parentheses is what I am looking for. Any suggestions on how to display only the percentage in parentheses?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi  @busybee ,

So you wanna get a result as beow?

Annotation 2020-06-29 084620.png

Create a calculated column as below:

Column = DIVIDE('Table'[Visitor],SUMX(FILTER('Table','Table'[Date]=EARLIER('Table'[Date])),'Table'[Visitor]))

Here is the .pbix file.

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @busybee ,

Do you wanna get a result as shown in below pic?

Annotation 2020-06-26 095700.png

If so ,you can create a calculated column as below:

Column = DIVIDE('Table'[Visitor],SUMX(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Visitor]))

Or a measure as below:

Measure 2 = DIVIDE(SUMX(FILTER('Table','Table'[City]=MAX('Table'[City])),'Table'[Visitor]),SUMX(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Visitor]))

For details,pls click here to check my sample .pbix file.

Best Regards,
Kelly

The percentage in the parentheses seems to be correct. How do I only display the percentage in parentheses(28.33 %) and not 6.62 %?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi  @busybee ,

So you wanna get a result as beow?

Annotation 2020-06-29 084620.png

Create a calculated column as below:

Column = DIVIDE('Table'[Visitor],SUMX(FILTER('Table','Table'[Date]=EARLIER('Table'[Date])),'Table'[Visitor]))

Here is the .pbix file.

Best Regards,
Kelly

If I don't want to show values in paranthesis, how to do that
In my PBI, it's showing as 92.8% (100 %)
I don't wnat to show (100%)

The formula mentioned above does not work with a combination of positive and negative values. I have attached a Sample Power BI dashboard. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CZh5WPWqz5BK0txFkC8HabsjAAfs58xT/view?usp=sharing 

In this dashboard, Col1 is the axis, Col2 is the legend and Col3 contains the values. Any suggestions on how to resolve this with a combination of positive and negative values? 

I have a combination of negative and positive values in the column corresponding to the Visitors column in my Power BI  file. The percentage displays correctly on one of the bars but incorrectly on the other bar. Could this be because I have a combination of negative and positive values in the column corresponding to the Visitors column in my Power BI  file? 

I just created a Temp Table filtered with only the positive values of the field utilized as value. I created a similar chart and the percentages match. 

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@busybee you can create our custom tooltip, read this post

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.