Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

michael_knight
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Percentage Rate as a value in a table

Hi,

I've been having some troubles for some time and would like some help.

I'm wondering if it's possible to have a percentage as a value in a table. I know you can get a percentage of the grand total, but that's not what I'm after. I want to show the Qualification Rate from a month to month basis.

I've created what I'm trying to do in Excel, but I'm struggling to recreate it in Power BI 

This is what I've got in Excel

Help 1.PNG

I've got the Qualification rate in a measure, but I'm only able to use it as a tooltip 

This is the measure I'm using the get the Qualifcation Rate %

Help 2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @michael_knight 

OK, the last was the best.  See below the table, then the graph, then the controls.  As I said before save your measure as a Percentage. The Min in the measure Q Leads just lets us select the value in the row for month. Added the control picture showing month on axis and measure as value.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

Quick table.PNGdata labels on.PNG

Month percent.PNGGraph percent.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @michael_knight ,

Please see my picture below. If I understand you correctly, it is about formatting your measure. Select your measure, go to the modeling tab and select Percentage with 0 decimals.  I have included my measure, which allows for the table seen in the picture.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

Percent in table.PNG

Hi @Nathaniel_C ,

I appreciate the help, I made a mistake in my comment. I would like to display the Percentage values in a visual like below, but instead of the actual value I want a % of the grand total, like what I made in Excel

PBIDesktop_2019-08-28_19-05-10.png

So instead of 662 in April it will be 65%, for example

Cheers

If I understand the issue, you want to show % of total in a graph. See the picture below.

Nathaniel

Percentage of total.PNG

No, not the total percent of the graph.

Say I've got a Lead count of 1000 for the month of April and 600 of them are Qualified, I want it to show 60%. If we got 1000 leads for May and 650 of them are Qualified, I want it to show 65%. Does that make sense? Let me know if I'm not explaining it well

Cheers,

Mike

@Nathaniel_C 

Hi @michael_knight 

OK, the last was the best.  See below the table, then the graph, then the controls.  As I said before save your measure as a Percentage. The Min in the measure Q Leads just lets us select the value in the row for month. Added the control picture showing month on axis and measure as value.

Nathaniel

Quick table.PNGdata labels on.PNG

Month percent.PNGGraph percent.PNG

Legend. Much appreciated

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.