Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Hussain
Helper I
Helper I

Parameterize query for Azure Analysis Services live connect

Hi Power BI community,

I want to deploy a report multiple times but using more than 30 different azure analysis services as a data source (Same server but different cubes/databases/models). Since there are so many reports to deploy I thought of parameterizing the query/data source. But when I do so , the live connection option is no longer available, only import option is!

Is there any workaround or new idea to achieve this behavior?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Hussain 

If you'd like to use the 30 different azure analysis services into one report, It's not able to explore Live connection when you've already live-connected a datasource. 

For parameterizing the datasource, and every time the parameter changes, the datasource changes accordingly. that's neither doable.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Hussain 

If you'd like to use the 30 different azure analysis services into one report, It's not able to explore Live connection when you've already live-connected a datasource. 

For parameterizing the datasource, and every time the parameter changes, the datasource changes accordingly. that's neither doable.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.