Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Ewan_Keys
Frequent Visitor

Paginated reports with dependant parameters

I have a number of Paginated reports that are fired from Navision using a key value as a parameter

This key value allows other parameters on the report to list thier values.

Following the latest update to Fabric none of these parameters are selectable any more.

I have made no changes to the reports and all were working fine until the update

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ewan_Keys
Frequent Visitor

Hi the issue is Mircosoft have made the parameters more strongly typed on paginated reports, so now if you compare an integer to a float value they are no longer equal. eg 4 is now not equal to 4.00.

I have now revised my approach and resolved the issue.

For example if you have two integer parameters A & B and B is hidden.

If Bs default value is dependant on a calcuation using A's value, that involves floating point arithmetic via an expression set up against the default value on B, (that always returns a typed integer result), B will get the correct value if previewed locally, but an incorrect value once uploaded.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ewan_Keys
Frequent Visitor

Hi the issue is Mircosoft have made the parameters more strongly typed on paginated reports, so now if you compare an integer to a float value they are no longer equal. eg 4 is now not equal to 4.00.

I have now revised my approach and resolved the issue.

For example if you have two integer parameters A & B and B is hidden.

If Bs default value is dependant on a calcuation using A's value, that involves floating point arithmetic via an expression set up against the default value on B, (that always returns a typed integer result), B will get the correct value if previewed locally, but an incorrect value once uploaded.

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Ewan_Keys ,

Parameters often depend on queries to these sources, check if the update affects the connection to the data source.

Ensure that the ordering and configuration of parameters has not been inadvertently changed. Related parameters must be correctly ordered and configured to reference each other correctly.

Change the order of parameters in a Power BI paginated report - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Add cascading parameters to a Power BI paginated report - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If the above answer doesn't solve your problem, you can provide a screenshot of the error and more information about it, and we can help you better.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.