Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Vishruti
Regular Visitor

Page Breaker in Paginated Report not working for blank table

Hello,

I have two tables in my paginated report and I have introduced page breaker for them so that the downloaded excel will show two separate sheets, one for each table.

It is working fine when both tables have values (at least 1 row).

however, when the first table does not have any values (based on the parameters/filters), the second table is also appearing on the first sheet (as shown below).

IMG_0845.jpeg

How can I fix this? I want both tables to appear on separate sheets in spite of no data as what happens  with data in both tables when you add a page breaker.

1 REPLY 1
v-zhengdxu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Vishruti 

Based on the description of your issue, it seems that the absence of data in the first table is causing the page break to be ignored, thus not separating the tables into different sheets as expected. This behavior can occur due to how paginated reports handle rendering and page breaks, especially in scenarios where content dynamically changes based on filters or parameters.

Make sure that each table (or the area designated for it) has a minimum size. This can be achieved by setting a minimum height for the table or by inserting a rectangle or text box with visibility set to hidden. This ensures that the report renderer recognizes the space allocated for the table, even when no data is present.

Wrap each table in a rectangle and set the page break options for the rectangle. You can specify to add a page break before or after the rectangle. This approach can help enforce the page break even when the table is empty.

For your reference:

Add a page break to a Power BI paginated report - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Double-check the properties of your report and tables to ensure that the "KeepTogether" property is set appropriately. Sometimes, adjusting this property can influence how content is kept on the same page or allowed to break across pages.

As mentioned in the guidance on blank pages, excess space in the report body, especially after the last object, can lead to unexpected rendering behavior. Ensure that the report body's height is adjusted to remove any unnecessary trailing space.

Avoid blank pages when printing paginated reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards

Zhengdong Xu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.