Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Sam7
Advocate II
Advocate II

PBI Select Visual not filtering any results

Hello. 

I have a PBI Visiual Line stacked bar chart. I have two measures, one current year sales and one previous year sales. 

When I select the bar relating to current year, my other visuals (tables charts showing results by category) all change to show data related to the visual.  When I select the previous year sales my visuals all show as blank. 

Sam7_1-1714754354510.png

Sam7_0-1714754339658.png

Why is this, I know last year we had sales of £288 on 8th Jan, but when I select this line, I want my table data to change to show previous year. I used SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR to create my previous year data.

Please can I have some help? 

3 REPLIES 3
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @VijayP , 

Thanks for your quick response.

Hi @Sam7 ,

Please have a try.

Create a measure.

Value in last 12 months = 
CALCULATE (
    SUMX('Table', 'Table'[Value]),
    DATESBETWEEN('Table'[Date], EDATE(TODAY(), -12), TODAY())
)

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly - Microsoft Fabric Community

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

VijayP
Super User
Super User

@Sam7  What are the fields added to other charts . Are you talking about Tooltip or the Visual . 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

You know when you select a visual, maybe a category column, this filters other charts based on this category - it's not a slicer or a tooltip. 

I want it so when my line part (the measure using same period previous year) is selected, my other visuals all filter to this, but this does not happen.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.