Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SES78
Regular Visitor

PBI Email Subscription details removed daily after publish

Hi there, I am having an issue with my email subscription.  My team sends out a daily dashboard to a recepient list of approx 50 people and have set up the time and the tab to be shown in the email as well.  At first this worked perfectly and then we changed the name of  the dashboard.  Since then after a refresh and publish the subscription created for the report is deleted.  I have to manually go in and recreate the subscription and then the deletion repeats the next day when I publish again. Please help!  Our team is new to PBI but have not encountered this issue for other dashboard subscriptions.

thanks very much in advance!

11 REPLIES 11
SES78
Regular Visitor

Please note I asked a team member to create a subscritpion for the same report.  After published their subscription also disappeared.  It is possible I am not using the right tech language but what I need to know is how to keep/save a subscription.  Please help!

Hi  @SES78 ,

Based on my test,the email subscription wont be deleted even if you changed the dashboard name.Could you pls take a screenshot of your steps creating an email subscription?

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Thanks for the response, @Kelly.  Our IT group has indicated it is a known bug and they are looking into.  On the off chance the bug is PBI related I will show the steps taken for the subscription here.

SES78_0-1594741469493.png

I hit save and close and then after a refresh I publish the updated revenue.  Immediately after the refresh I can check and it will show it has been removed as though a subscription never existed.  Please note the distribution here is for a test for this purpose, but b/c it is such a high level and large list it is frustrating as I need to replicate daily.  

thank you so much!

Hi @SES78 ,

I tried to reproduce your senario based on your description,but out of luck.

See below:

After I modified the dashboard name then refresh,I will find the subscription created before still exists,never disappear.

Annotation 2020-07-16 085530.png

If I delete the previous one and recreate a new one,the new subscription also never disppear.

Annotation 2020-07-16 090740.png

Would you pls click on "manage all subscriptions" on the left bottom to check whether the previous subscription exist?

Annotation 2020-07-16 091050.png

If not,pls create a support ticket via below link,and our relevant personnel will help to handle it.
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Best Regards,
Kelly

Thank you for taking the time, Kelly.  Unfortunatley when clicking on Manage Subscritpions nothing appears.  As indicated in 1st message we have other dashboards that behave as they should (and as you have shown above), alas this one does not!

I will put a ticket through.

thanks again!
Stacey 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am facing the same issue. I faced this for the last 2 days, where I publish the dashboard and I lose all my subscriptions. This was not the case few days back.

Would you please post your resolutions, once you find so.

Thanks,

SY

FYI, from PBI:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Awareness:

Power BI customers republishing a report may see Email subscriptions removed from the report. Engineers are working on a fix and expect it to be deployed by end-of-day 07/21/2020.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

HI, I too facing this issue for the last couple of days. Let me know if you find any solution to overcome this issue.

If/when I receive a resolution I will post here!

Hi  @SES78 ,

Good,propose a support ticket may get a solution, but meantime, maybe you could try to use another browser,such as edge or Chrome,and clear your cookies,I'm wondering whether it's a browser setting issue and turning to your IT department for assistance may help.

Best Regards,
Kelly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.