Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

bookhouseboy
Helper I
Helper I

Option remaining from previous slicer selection

I imagine this has been answered before, but I have no idea how to search for it, so please forgive me if it's redundant.

I have two slicers that are conceptually "in a row." The first is a variable (age, gender, income level, etc.). The second slicer then lets you pick a value from the first variable, so for example if you choose "age" in the first slicer, then the second slicer will offer "18-29 yrs," "30-39 yrs," and "50 yrs and older." 

Except if I do that, the selection will still be there if I change the first slicer, even though it often cannot return any data. So if I picked "18-29 yrs" in the second slicer, then change the first slicer to "gender", my new options in the second slicer are: "male," "female," "non-binary," and "18-29 yrs."

Is there a way around this behavior? Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@bookhouseboy , You need to create an unpivoted table for that, and then you handle that in measure

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.