Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dcadwallader
Helper I
Helper I

Option for Secondary Axis not Appearing

I have two Combo charts on two different tabs within one report.

On the first graph, the X axis notes the Project Name. The primary Y axis is the amount of properties selected for inspection and the number of properties inspected. This gives an inspection rate which is charted on secondary Y axis. The values "Selcted for Inspection" and "Properties Inspected" are in my Column Values box and the Inspection Rate is in the line values box. Power Bi automatically generated the secondary Y axis.

The second graph is largely the same, except its properties inspected and properties passed on the primary Y, with pass rate now the line value - only Power Bi isnt displaying an option to even turn on the secondary axis. Its just charting it on the primary.

I have pass rate in the Line Values box, I still have Combo chart selected and both inspection rate and pass rate are formatted identically.

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
msbaa641
Regular Visitor

The only workaround I found when this happened was to use the Search feature, and it became available.  EX from the report it did not work in:

msbaa641_0-1635442824381.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @dcadwallader ,

I'm having the same problem, did you get how to solve it?

Thanks,

Luciano

v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dcadwallader ,

Based on my test, could not reproduce it in my environment. I have created a combo chart like this and enabled secondary axis in the Y-axis settings, it worked fine.

Y1.pngY2.png

Could you please consider sharing some screenshots about your combo chart like my posted pictures or a dummy problem sample file for further discussion?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@dcadwallader , In the visual format property, You can enable the secondary axis. Under y Axis - Show Secondary

Show Secondary.png

@amitchandak  - cheers for getting back to quickly.

Thing is, that option simply isn't appearing

@dcadwallader , just validate the visual type, Hope it some type of visual with the line. Like clustered line not only clustered 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.