Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jatneerjat
Helper V
Helper V

Optimize tabular cube by using SummarizeColumns()

Hi,

I have few measures which took a lot of time to load when report refresh takes place which have data source is cube connected through direct query,so could I create a calculate table in tabular cube by using summarizecolumns() and then pick columns from this calculate table for measures?

Would this improve performance?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jatneerjat,

Based on my research, when you are using the DirectQuery mode, your report performance depends largely on the performance of the underlying data source:

Reference:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/power-bi-reports-performance#directquery-and-live-connecti...

And the SUMMARIZECOLUMNS Function could return a summary table over a set of groups, so I think it could help you to improve your performence.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jatneerjat,

Could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered?

Regards,

Daniel He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jatneerjat,

Based on my research, when you are using the DirectQuery mode, your report performance depends largely on the performance of the underlying data source:

Reference:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/power-bi-reports-performance#directquery-and-live-connecti...

And the SUMMARIZECOLUMNS Function could return a summary table over a set of groups, so I think it could help you to improve your performence.

Regards,

Daniel He

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.