Accepted Solution

Optimize tabular cube by using SummarizeColumns()

Hi,

I have few measures which took a lot of time to load when report refresh takes place which have data source is cube connected through direct query,so could I create a calculate table in tabular cube by using summarizecolumns() and then pick columns from this calculate table for measures?

Would this improve performance?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team

Re: Optimize tabular cube by using SummarizeColumns()

Hi @jatneerjat,

Based on my research, when you are using the DirectQuery mode, your report performance depends largely on the performance of the underlying data source:

Reference:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/power-bi-reports-performance#directquery-and-live-connecti...

And the SUMMARIZECOLUMNS Function could return a summary table over a set of groups, so I think it could help you to improve your performence.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Community Support Team

Hi @jatneerjat,

Based on my research, when you are using the DirectQuery mode, your report performance depends largely on the performance of the underlying data source:

Reference:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/power-bi-reports-performance#directquery-and-live-connecti...

And the SUMMARIZECOLUMNS Function could return a summary table over a set of groups, so I think it could help you to improve your performence.

Regards,

Daniel He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Community Support Team

Hi @jatneerjat,

Could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered?

Regards,

Daniel He