cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only showing data in a second table when a single row is selected in first table

I have a list of contacts who attended events. I can see a table of the most recent event they attended.

Each contact can be a part of one or more office. Offices are shown in a second table.
I only want to show the offices in the second table, when a single contact ( or row in the first table) is selected.

As i have no measures on the tables and am not aggregating, im unsure how to tackle this.

The below link is to a sample pbix illustrating the issue, . I want to only see the offices in the Contacts Office table, when a user selects a single contct row in the attendance table.

Link to pbix

Appreciate any advice on this.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
vanessafvg Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Only showing data in a second table when a single row is selected in first table

@wilson_smyth if i click a row in the table with contact name it shows only the office selected, so dont understand what your issue is exactly?  maybe screen shot and show the problem

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.
Proud a to be a Datanaut!

Re: Only showing data in a second table when a single row is selected in first table

Apologies, I did not ask the question correctly.

Currently, if no rows are selected, all offices are displayed in the offices table.

I want 0 rows to show in the offices table, unless a row is selected in the contacts & events table. 

Gazzer Member

I don't believe what you want is currently possible.

Maybe it would be worth suggesting as an update?
I would vote for the idea...

v-jiascu-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi @wilson_smyth,

There could be a workaround. But I can't do it in your mode. It's something like this: adding a tag column.

tag =
IF (
    ISFILTERED ( Office[Office Name] ),
    COUNT ( Contact[Contactname] ),
    BLANK ()
)

Only_showing_data_in_a_second_table_when_a_single_row_is_selected_in_first_table

Please create an idea here for the new feature.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Users Online
Currently online: 396 members 3,559 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: