Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rolf1994
Helper II
Helper II

Only show data when count is over 50

Hi,

Would it be possible to do the following:

- Only show data when count is over 50.

We want to apply this because of privacy reasons.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

as for COUNTDISTINCT I often have my problem with that in that I need to create an additional table

Like you can solve it by doing this

Modeling - New Table:

DistinctCountTable = SUMMARIZE(UserData;UserData[Category];"TestDistinct";DISTINCTCOUNT(UserData[UserId]))

create Relation Category to Category

then

when you click Apply its filtered correctly

no idea how this can be done more beautifully I always end up creating new table in these cases

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @rolf1994,

Suppose there is such a table view:

2.PNG

The count for A is less than 50, the count for B is over 50, so, in new table, it should only show data rows where [Rowgroup]=B.

Create a calculated table referring below formula:

New table =
CALCULATETABLE (
    Test_export,
    FILTER (
        Test_export,
        CALCULATE (
            SUM ( Test_export[Value] ),
            ALLEXCEPT ( Test_export, Test_export[Rowgroup] )
        )
            > 50
    )
)

However, if your requirement is dynamically show data rows in visual based on whether total row number is over 50, this is not possible to achieve that currently. As currently, there is no such an option to control the visual visibility.

As current description is too general, please elaborate your requirement with sample data and desired output.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft,

Sample data:

I have the following table:

Id, UserId, Category
1, xxx1, A
2, xxx2, A
3, xxx3, A
4, xxx4, A
5, xxx5, A
6, xxx6, B
7, xxx7, B
8, xxx8, B

There are 5 different users in category 'A' and 3 different users in category 'B'. I only want my report to show data when distinctcount of UserId is greater than 4.

When no filters are applied i want to see 8 results (which is greater than 4) but when category 'B' is selected in a dropdown i want to see no results. I can create a sample pbix file if this is not clear.

as for COUNTDISTINCT I often have my problem with that in that I need to create an additional table

Like you can solve it by doing this

Modeling - New Table:

DistinctCountTable = SUMMARIZE(UserData;UserData[Category];"TestDistinct";DISTINCTCOUNT(UserData[UserId]))

create Relation Category to Category

then

when you click Apply its filtered correctly

no idea how this can be done more beautifully I always end up creating new table in these cases

Thanks, this was already really helpfull.

What I want to do is not pre filter data for categories that contain a distinctcount lower than 4 but I only want my report to show data if total DistinctCount of UserId is greater than 4. So if DistinctCount for UserId for Category A, B, C and D is 20 I want to see all categories. If DistinctCount of Category 'B' is 3 and someone filters on Category 'B' I want the report display no data.

Would that be possible?

just create an additional SUM measure:

when I select B data disappears

cs_skit
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Create a Measure that does the specific count you need 

Put it in Filter with > 50

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.