Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

michael95677
Helper III
Helper III

One dataset refreshes but another fails using same gateway

I'm able to manually refresh one dataset but another keeps failing. When I try to pull the log files I get a message saying the file isn't there or doesn't have permissions. Not sure how to set up where it saves log files and the default account it uses may not have proper permissions on that folder. Thank you for any help. 

7 REPLIES 7
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

needs more details. Is this is a single node gateway or is it an enterprise gateway with multiple cluster members?  It is possible that one of the cluster members is misconfigured and your refresh fails  when that cluster member is randomly chosen to work on the request.

Single as far as I know. Fairly new to setting these up. Screenshot below shows the cluster settings. 

michael95677_0-1660575918396.png

What operating system is the gateway cluster running on?  (The path to the logs has changed in WS2019)

Windows Server 2019 is what it is running on. 

michael95677_1-1660577766855.png

that's not where they are anyway.  Look in

"C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\PBIEgwService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\On-premises data gateway\Report\QueryExecutionReport_*.log"

after you have given yourself access to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\PBIEgwService

Thank you, I found the logs but they don't really contain any error related info. Also curous as to how to change the path the app thinks it should be going to? 

These logs do contain error related information.  Not in an easily consumable form, but they do.

Very recent events may not yet be reflected, these logs are committed to disk sporadically.  You can force it by restarting the gateway service.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.