Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anterrio

One Filter for two columns on two tables.

I have searched for an answer multiple ways, but either my search doesn't describe it correctly, or I am the only one trying to do this.

I am trying to filter two different tables based off the same data set that shows in two different columns.

Here is the scenerio.

I work in Bay A.  I need to be able to see the defects found in my area in one table and the defects caused by my area in another table but I only want to use one slicer to control both tables.

I need to be able to just choose Bay A and table one show everything that shows Bay A in the found in column, and table two show everything that shows Bay A in the caused by column.  Every time I try to do this, it either filters both columns or neither.

This is what I am trying to do

Original Data                                        Slicer                                 Table 1                                           Table 2

Anterrio_0-1712855467565.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yifanw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anterrio ,

Depending on the information you have provided, you can follow these steps below:

1.Create a new table as a slicer.

vyifanwmsft_0-1712887950701.png

2.Create relationships for the three tables.

vyifanwmsft_1-1712888099355.png

Final output:

vyifanwmsft_2-1712888133141.png

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly - Microsoft Fabric Community

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired out put and pbix file without privacy information.

Best Regards,

Ada Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yifanw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anterrio ,

Depending on the information you have provided, you can follow these steps below:

1.Create a new table as a slicer.

vyifanwmsft_0-1712887950701.png

2.Create relationships for the three tables.

vyifanwmsft_1-1712888099355.png

Final output:

vyifanwmsft_2-1712888133141.png

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly - Microsoft Fabric Community

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired out put and pbix file without privacy information.

Best Regards,

Ada Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.