Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rigelng1995
Frequent Visitor

'OR' include blank values in date slicer

Hi there

I have a table with 3 columns , SaleDate, ReceiveDate, and SaleAmount. 

SaleDate is not null by default, yet ReceiveDate can accept blank values. 

How do I create slicers so that the end users can filter for a certain ReceiveDate and then decide whether to include blanks or not. 

In other words. I want the following -

formula in slicer --- or ((ReceiveDate >= Slicermin and ReceiveDate <= Slicermax), isblank(ReceiveDate))

As shown in the screen shot below -  I want to be able to select from the 3rd of Jan until the 4th of Jan AND including blanks

Screenshot_39.png

Also found an interesting interaction while playing around with the slicer  - it seems that if you have blank values in the date column (ReceiveDate) the left most part of the slider actually represents the blank values. 

Screenshot_40.png

Thanks

Rigel   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Date should not be joined with receive or uses cross join if have active join

measure =
var _min = minx(allselected(Date,Date[Date])
var _max = minx(allselected(Date,Date[Date])
var _maxval = if(isfiltered(Slicer[Allowblank]),max(Slicer[Allowblank]),blank())
return
if(_maxval ="Allowblank",
calculate(sum(table[Value]),filter(all(Table[Receive Date]),Table[Receive Date]>=_min && Table[Receive Date]>=_max && isblank(Table[Receive Date])))
calculate(sum(table[Value]),filter(all(date),Date,Date[Date]>=_min && Date[Date]>=_max))
)

For use relation and crossfilter refer :https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-tr...

Appreciate your Kudos.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Date should not be joined with receive or uses cross join if have active join

measure =
var _min = minx(allselected(Date,Date[Date])
var _max = minx(allselected(Date,Date[Date])
var _maxval = if(isfiltered(Slicer[Allowblank]),max(Slicer[Allowblank]),blank())
return
if(_maxval ="Allowblank",
calculate(sum(table[Value]),filter(all(Table[Receive Date]),Table[Receive Date]>=_min && Table[Receive Date]>=_max && isblank(Table[Receive Date])))
calculate(sum(table[Value]),filter(all(date),Date,Date[Date]>=_min && Date[Date]>=_max))
)

For use relation and crossfilter refer :https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-tr...

Appreciate your Kudos.

is for checking, weather blank is allowed on not.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

Can you please guide me what the "Slicer[Allowblan] is refering to? I can see you have mentioned it is to see weather blank is allowed on not. but this is a column in our table? or a slicer? not sure how to get this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.