Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NeilSingh

OData Query Failing with "invalid reader state exception' error while Processing the request

while trying to query an OData feed from Project Server on Prem application, getting an error as below

DataFormat.Error: We detected an invalid reader state 'Exception' when processing request 'https://ServerName/_api/Projectdata/TimesheetLines?$top=1000.

While i can view the data in browser, but error happens while trying to import the dataset in PowerBI, I have tried to do a select in OData query as simple as only selecting one field, tried to limit records but still it would fail, not sure what the issue is, any help in this direction would be greatly appreciated 

PS: Snapshots Below 

ODataFeed in IEODataFeed in IE

Error Importing it in PBIError Importing it in PBI

3 REPLIES 3
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @NeilSingh,

Could you please offer below information:

1. What data source you want to connect?
  2. What is your connection mode?
  3. Could you have checked the crenditial when you connect to your data in Desktop and which crenditial you have chosen?

Regards,

Daniel He 

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-danhe-msft 

Please see the responses Inline

Could you please offer below information:

1. What data source you want to connect? [Neil] Its an OData feed from Project Server 2013, OOB Provided by Application 
  2. What is your connection mode? [Neil] Using Windows Account to authenticate 
  3. Could you have checked the crenditial when you connect to your data in Desktop and which crenditial you have chosen?[Neil] Yes i can access the data from source and can see data from other tables(hence authentication should not be an issue, also as in snapshot you could see i can browse the OData feed in IE for same tables), this error happens on 2 tables only in Power BI, when i select them as OData source for adding to the report

Let me know if you need any other Information

I am having the same problem and really could use some help on this..

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.