Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

brandondg2017
Regular Visitor

ODBC Connecting to QuickBooks Desktop

Hello,
I am in need of help with this. I am a little new with Power BI and using a ODBC connection. I have it all connected with my QuickBooks file and can import data into Power BI. If you know anything about classes in QB we use them to tell the difference between different locations or buildings we have.

When looking through the tables there was a Transactions table that I thought that I could use but doesn't list what classes it show so I Import the tables like Credit Charges and Bill into my data model but when I put a simple graph together it separates them by Credit Card Charges and Bill.

brandondg2017_1-1681408719420.png

What I want is to combine them so it doesn’t list them separately. What I am accomplishing on this one is just one total for expense for each period. So the real question can you combine tables together or is there a setting with the graph that will change it?

Any help is really appreciated!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @brandondg2017 ,

Please create a new measure like.

Total = SUM('Table'[Sales]) + SUM('Table'[Profit])

And then add a clustered column chart. or consider use starcked column chart with 2 measures.

vcgaomsft_0-1681866522086.png

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gogrizz
Advocate I
Advocate I

Backup up one second....

How did you connect PowerBI to your QuickBooks Desktop file???

I use a ODBC Connection and the software the helps make that connection is QODBC. If you have the desktop version of QB go to File and Utilites there is an option to enable ODBC connections and it takes you to the site. 

v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @brandondg2017 ,

What does your expected output look like? Like this?

vcgaomsft_0-1681786847221.png

How about trying it without putting the fields in the bucket of the x-axis?

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

No I want the Sum of Sales and sum of Profit to be one. In my case It is sum of Credit Card Charges and Sum of Bill to get one expense column not seperate ones. 

Hi @brandondg2017 ,

Please create a new measure like.

Total = SUM('Table'[Sales]) + SUM('Table'[Profit])

And then add a clustered column chart. or consider use starcked column chart with 2 measures.

vcgaomsft_0-1681866522086.png

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.