Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fowl04
Frequent Visitor

Not sure how to subject this.

Hello, so I am working with some brand new data and i haven't used Bi is 3 to 4 months and forgot most of what i learned. So here it goes. I am trying to take those 2 columns and create a function or something to say this users.id will show the User first name and last name also( last names are removed due to privacy concerns.) any time I need to show the users name when it gets compared to any other section that calls the users.id.

fowl04_0-1673550551106.png fowl04_1-1673551273979.png

So as you can see i would like to know if there is a way i can take image 1 and have it shown as a cross reference from first name to show as the name on image 2 instead of the id's. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vicky_
Super User
Super User

Initially, I would ask if there's any issue with using Power Query to merge  the two tables based on User ID. If you can't do that, you can create a relationship between the two tables, and then use something like RELATED() to grab the name based on the same user ID. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
vicky_
Super User
Super User

Initially, I would ask if there's any issue with using Power Query to merge  the two tables based on User ID. If you can't do that, you can create a relationship between the two tables, and then use something like RELATED() to grab the name based on the same user ID. 

fowl04
Frequent Visitor

so when i did that it removed all the other data from one of the table and replaced it with only one set row from the other. Then it removed all the data that was in it currently. I forgot to mention i'm pulling the data from the web using json.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.