Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AliceW
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Not able to see the default fill of a button

Hello fellow users,

I am discovering buttons and so far I love them. I implemented two in order to create something similar to what's below.

Basically, you click one the 'Demography' button and it shows a bookmarked version of the tab; you click on the 'Area' button and it shows another bookmarked version of the tab.

While the switch between the views works fine, I can't get the 'selected' button to turn blue (its 'On Press' Fill). It stays its 'Default State' fill.

The 'Hover' fill works.

AliceW_0-1602255578164.png

Big thanks,

Alice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AliceW  

I think you have got the simplest solution currently by creating two buttons for each value. However, I found another solution which needs a few more steps as shown below:

1. Create a disconnected table Buttons containing all buttons' text and create an index column.

v-jingzhang_0-1602652802641.png

2. Create a measure to record which button is selected. I select Button A by default.

selected button = SELECTEDVALUE(Buttons[Index],1)

3. Add a slicer and put Index column in it.

v-jingzhang_1-1602652802646.png

4. Insert two blank buttons. For Button A, use conditional formatting to determine the color in default state. Apply the same steps to Button B and reverse the color rules for it.

10141.jpg

5. Now, add bookmarks as you like. For example, I create Bookmark 1 for Button A and Bookmark 2 for Button B. Remember to select 1 in the slicer and hide the slicer before adding Bookmark 1. Select 2 and hide the slicer before adding Bookmark 2.

Finally, turn on Action for both buttons with related bookmark. 

10142.gif

I found the solution from this link where you may get more ideas:  

https://powerbi.tips/2019/08/dynamic-visuals-using-buttons/

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Jing Zhang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AliceW  

I think you have got the simplest solution currently by creating two buttons for each value. However, I found another solution which needs a few more steps as shown below:

1. Create a disconnected table Buttons containing all buttons' text and create an index column.

v-jingzhang_0-1602652802641.png

2. Create a measure to record which button is selected. I select Button A by default.

selected button = SELECTEDVALUE(Buttons[Index],1)

3. Add a slicer and put Index column in it.

v-jingzhang_1-1602652802646.png

4. Insert two blank buttons. For Button A, use conditional formatting to determine the color in default state. Apply the same steps to Button B and reverse the color rules for it.

10141.jpg

5. Now, add bookmarks as you like. For example, I create Bookmark 1 for Button A and Bookmark 2 for Button B. Remember to select 1 in the slicer and hide the slicer before adding Bookmark 1. Select 2 and hide the slicer before adding Bookmark 2.

Finally, turn on Action for both buttons with related bookmark. 

10142.gif

I found the solution from this link where you may get more ideas:  

https://powerbi.tips/2019/08/dynamic-visuals-using-buttons/

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Jing Zhang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

AliceW
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I figured something out: I create TWO buttons for each value. One will have the blue default, and another one the white. The bookmarks will hide one blue and one white.

Does anybody have a different solution?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.