Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kandre
Regular Visitor

No#of customers, # of new sales, # of churn

Hi all,

I have a tabular cube with a GL as fact table and some dimensions such as customers, time and P&L as dimensions in a star schema.

I want to count customerbase, new sales, churn and upsales. I can structure my data like shown below with customers in rows, time in column and invoiced sales as values.

jan          feb     march            comment

customer

1                 100          100     100               Should be counted as a customer each month

2                  0              100    100              Should be counted as new sales from feb and ordinary customer from march

3                 100           0         0                Should be counted as churn from feb

4                  100         200     200             Should be counted as ordinary customer from jan and an upsale in feb and then ordinary                                                                      customer from march again

I have been able to count customerbase with

Total customers = (DISTINCTCOUNT(Fact_Puzzel_Ax[CustTable_Id]))

but i am struggling to make som dax measures that captures the rest of the measures

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @kandre,

If I understand your scenario correctly that you want to calculate the count of customerbase, new sales, churn and upsales.Now you have counted the customerbase, but you have problems with calculating the others?

If it is, could you share more details about your data sample, and what is meaning of churn and upsales?

I would apprecite it if you could share your desired output.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Yes this is correct.

Definition of churn for our case is when we have lost a recurring customer. We invoice each customer each month for a licensing subscription of our software. When a customer decides to terminate their contract it would mean 0 in sales for that particular customer from the month their termination takes effect.

Definition of upsale is when a recurring customer decides to buy add-ons to our software, meaning if their basic subscription was 100$ and they decided to add services such as a bot or social media add-in at 10$, their new monthly subscription would be 110$ that would count as upsale.

Output would be to identify monthly trends and on customer level the value and number of lost customer, new customer or upsale

How can i share datasample?

Hi @kandre,

You can upload a dummy pbix to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. (Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.