Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Georgia_H
Helper I
Helper I

Need urgent help

Hello,

I have this use case and i need some input.

I need a logic to check on the same Billing Group Name that appeared twice for the same date: 3/14/2024. For this case, plc-gcp appeared twice but having 2 different values for Type namely FORECAST and ADJUSTED. I need to flag out as 1 for ADJUSTED and 0 for FORECAST. For the other Billing Group Name that occurs just once, I also need to flag out as 1, so that i can filter only 1 in my visuals. How to achieve this? TQVM.

Sample data:

Georgia_H_0-1707212972052.png

Expected Result:

Georgia_H_1-1707214002191.png

13 REPLIES 13
Ahmedx
Super User
Super User

you can upload it on 1 driver or google drive
or this

https://dropmefiles.com/

Ahmedx
Super User
Super User

pls try this

Screenshot_1.png

Thank you @Ahmedx for the suggested solution, however i still encounter error below: What could be the reason for this?

Georgia_H_0-1707268950416.png

in the SUMMARIZE function I have only 2 columns from one table, but it looks like you have 3 and one of them is from another table

SUMMARIZE(ALLSELECTED('Table'),
  'Table'[Billing Group Name], // it is column 1
'Table'[Type] // it is column 2
), 

Hi @Ahmedx 

Thanks for your swift response. I am using 2 columns as well from the same table. This is the real table name and column names. I just apply the same logic with the real data. That's all.

Georgia_H_0-1707273213041.png

maybe it’s because of the long column name, I can’t say for sure

Hi @Ahmedx I tested again on the syntax you've used on my newly created test Table.

It gives error. But your first working didnt show any error.

Georgia_H_0-1707276419331.png

maybe due to the power bi version
you can share a file with a measure with an error

Which version are you using? The version i am using is Version: 2.123.684.0 64-bit (November 2023). May i know how to upload PBIX file to you? Can send via Private Message?

The link is not working for me. I cannot share the PBIX file because i am on company device. Could you share with me your PBI version and the pbix?

pls try

Hi @Ahmedx 

I can still see the error in your PBIX file. Could this be due to PBI Desktop version issue?

Georgia_H_0-1707365602475.png

here is my version from December 23

Screenshot_1.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.