Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Jerryvb

Need to calculate the last 6 months every month

Hi,

So I am running into troubles create a report. I need to report the last 6 months but then each month. For example:

Right now I need month 2015 december until 2016 May. Next month I need 2016 January till 2016 June.

I need this report monthly so the tickboxes are not going to do much for me unfortunately. I tried doing this with syntaxes but I have no clue how to do this @ a lot of errors.

Posting date has the date I need. This is connected to a field called Material within the same table(table 1). Material is connected to Material# in (master) table 2. Then I have table3 which has Material too and is connected to (master) table 2 as well.

Hope this helps and someone is actually willing to help this noob :).

Thanks!

P.S: Cannot change the source files. Hence I need it per month.

3 REPLIES 3
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Jerryvb You'll need a Calendar Table for this. Do you have one?

If not create one - follow this example - http://www.powerpivotpro.com/2015/02/create-a-custom-calendar-in-power-query/

Then it will be pretty straightforward...

RT Last 6 Months.png

This is your Running Total for the Trailing 6 Months ONLY

RT Last 6 Months Sales =
CALCULATE (
    [Total Sales],
    DATESINPERIOD (
        CalendarTable[Date],
        LASTDATE ( CalendarTable[Date] ),
        MONTH
    )
)

Thank you that is helpfull. But I need to be able to do this without changing the source files and really need it per month.

@Jerryvb, You can create a return the months different between current day and sales date.
Months = IF(YEAR(TODAY())=YEAR('Date'[CalendarDate]),MONTH(TODAY())-MONTH('Date'[CalendarDate])+1,(YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR('Date'[CalendarDate]))*12+MONTH(TODAY())-MONTH('Date'[CalendarDate])+1)

and then add this calculated column to filter
Capture.PNG

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.