Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

eddibu

Need to calculate custom FX within table

Hello, could you please help me?

link to sample pbix: for question.pbix

I have two tables [Product ALL] and [FX Rates daily], they have relationship 'Currency'. 

I need to perform following calculation for computing custom FX translation difference:

1. From [Product ALL] take only 'Income' (daily for each currency) in 'amount_orig_currency'. Divide them by average 'FX2' from [FX Rates daily] rate (average for the month for each corresponding currency). 

2. Find corresponding Expense for each 'Income'  for each corresponding day and currency in 'amount_after_exchange'

3. ('Income' minus  'Expense' for corresponding day and currency in 'amount_orig_currency') divide by 'FX2' for each corresponding currency on the date of 31 March (last day of the month)

4. Final result FX= 1-2-3 (Value of step 1 minus value of step 2 minus value of step 3)

2 REPLIES 2
eddibu

Hi @v-yilong-msft ,

Could you please clarify and send more details about what you need ? My third point is not understandable?

Regards,

Ed

v-yilong-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @eddibu ,

I opened your .pbix file and tried to read the first two steps, but I'm stuck on the third step, if possible, could you simply calculate some data or convert it to make it easier for me to understand?

Best Regards

Yilong Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.