Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

guptav13
Frequent Visitor

Need help with Conditional Formatting based on dynamic threshold values

PBI SAMPLE FILE ATTACHED 

I have visual 1 and visual 2.  When I select a country in Visual 1, Visual 2 shows data for that country.

I want  a conditional formatting in Visual 2 to highlight ‘Subjects’ Or ‘Average of Marks’ where ‘Average Of Marks’ is below PassingGrade for that Country.

For example If I select Japan in Visual 1, Math and Physics in Visual 2 should get highlighted on the basis of ‘Threshold for Reference’ table

guptav13_0-1661945308336.png

But If I select Singapore in visual 1 , Physics should get highlighted on the basis of ‘Threshold for Reference’ table

guptav13_1-1661945374872.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Please check the attached file.

Thank you.

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Please check the attached file.

Thank you.

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Big thanks, this works!!

Is there a way to highlight them with Red flags like below instead of background color?

If you could share the file or code snippet to do that would be great!

guptav13_0-1661951022738.png

Hi,

I wrote a bit more detail about explaining how the measure works in the link down below.

https://jihwankimcscp.wixsite.com/supplychainflow/post/conditional-formatting-in-matrix-table-visual...

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

I amended the measure, and now it show a flag based on the condition.

Please check the attached file if it suits your requirement.

Thank you.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

guptav13
Frequent Visitor

Hi, Can you share the power Bi file?

Did you join the Passing Score and Sheet 2 tables? Will this work dynamicaly if I selecting different countries in Visual 1

Yes, I did join the two tables on Country. And it will work dynamically.

Hi , I tried replicating your approach as it is simplete but it is not working correcly, Check below for instance. THis should have highlighted Math as well? I think Test measure need to be tweaked a little bit. You are using Sum, and not average there, why?

guptav13_0-1661950450375.png

PowerUserR
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi,

I made a measure to use for conditional formatting called "test" :

PowerUserR_0-1661948894600.png

PowerUserR_3-1661949005866.png

PowerUserR_2-1661948947876.png

I hope that solved the issue 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.