Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ssraju
Regular Visitor

Need help with Calculating a percentage

Hi All, Here is the sample data i have and i would need help with calculating the percentage of Not delivered to display in a matrix.

Month_Year

Delivery type

Country

Shipment to

Status

Value

Jan_2020

Express

AU

International

Not Delivered

Jan_2020

Express

AU

International

Total Parcels

Jan_2020

Express

AU

Local

Not Delivered

Jan_2020

Express

AU

Local

Total Parcels

Jan_2020

Standard

AU

International

Not Delivered

Jan_2020`

Standard

AU

International

Total Parcels

Jan_2020`

Standard

AU

Local

Not Delivered

Jan_2020`

Standard

AU

Local

Total Parcels

Jan_2020

Express

Singapore

International

Not Delivered

Jan_2020

Express

Singapore

International

Total Parcels

Jan_2020

Express

Singapore

Local

Not Delivered

Jan_2020

Express

Singapore

Local

Total Parcels

Jan_2020

Standard

Singapore

International

Not Delivered

Jan_2020`

Standard

Singapore

International

Total Parcels

Jan_2020`

Standard

Singapore

Local

Not Delivered

Jan_2020`

Standard

Singapore

Local

Total Parcels

I would like to display the matrix as below:

Total parcels

Not Delivered

% Not delivered

Express

AU

2/ (20

Singapore

6/ 36

Standard

AU

4/ 20

Singapore

2/ 36

I need to calculate the % delivered for each country.

% Not delivered =  Not Delivered / Total parcels of that country only

for example: Country AU has total of 20

Country Singapore has total of 36.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@ssraju add following measure and you will be good to go

Sum Parcel = SUM ( Parcel[Value] )

Total Parcel = CALCULATE ( [Sum Parcel], Parcel[Status] = "Total Parcels" )

Not Delivered = CALCULATE ( [Sum Parcel], Parcel[Status] = "Not Delivered" )

Total Country Parcel = CALCULATE ( [Total Parcel], ALLEXCEPT ( Parcel, Parcel[Country] ) ) 

% Not Delivered = DIVIDE ( [Not Delivered], [Total Country Parcel] )

Check my latest blog post Comparing Selected Client With Other Top N Clients | PeryTUS  I would ❤ Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@ssraju to visualize, use matrix visual,

- add Deliver Type/Country on rows

- add [Total Parcel], [Not Delivered] and [% Not Delivered] on values

Check my latest blog post Comparing Selected Client With Other Top N Clients | PeryTUS  I would ❤ Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@ssraju to visualize, use matrix visual,

- add Deliver Type/Country on rows

- add [Total Parcel], [Not Delivered] and [% Not Delivered] on values

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@ssraju add following measure and you will be good to go

Sum Parcel = SUM ( Parcel[Value] )

Total Parcel = CALCULATE ( [Sum Parcel], Parcel[Status] = "Total Parcels" )

Not Delivered = CALCULATE ( [Sum Parcel], Parcel[Status] = "Not Delivered" )

Total Country Parcel = CALCULATE ( [Total Parcel], ALLEXCEPT ( Parcel, Parcel[Country] ) ) 

% Not Delivered = DIVIDE ( [Not Delivered], [Total Country Parcel] )

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.