Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mohammedferoz12
Regular Visitor

Need Help with ISFILTERED multiple selections

in Matrix Visual if ISFILTERED has single selection in matrix visual then it gets right value in SELECTEDVALUE mesure,

But when we select multiple or if parent is selected in matrix visual then multiple cells will be selected (Parent & its children) and it gives blank in SELECTEDVALUE measure. Can you help with this scenerio, even if we select multiple only the first one will be displayed in SELECTEDVALUE mesaure. or if the parent is selected then it gives only that specific parent value in SELECTEDVALUE mesasure instead of blank.

3 REPLIES 3
mohammedferoz12
Regular Visitor

can someone guide me in this. ?

mohammedferoz12
Regular Visitor

let me rephrase my issue.

I am using a parent child hirerchy in a matrix visual. A parent has multiple children.

Consider a table as item_code, Item_name & item_description.

in the Matrix visual hirerchy we can just see the item names. When we click any item we have to see the item_code in the card.
When i select one item i can get the item_code in the card
but when i click the parent item the entire parent child records are being selected and we get a blank in the card. Instead can we have something like this...
1) When we click the parent only the parent id will be displayed in the card, it should not consider the selection of other records... OR
2) we can say if we select multiple records only the first record id should be displayed. how can we achive this ? Kindly suggest.

I used the below measure :  

Id = IF(ISFILTERED(‘item_table'), SELECTEDVALUE('CUSTOM VIEW'[item_ID]), "PLEASE SELECT ITEM")

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@mohammedferoz12 ,

Is filter =  calculate(isfiltered(Table), allselected())

or

Is filter =  calculate(isfiltered(Table[Column]), allselected())

Now create a measure

if([Is filter] , concatenatex(Values(Table[Column]), [Column], ", ") )

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.