Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

CLQ
Helper I
Helper I

Native query grey out using data from Snowflake

Hi all.

I'm looking to do the "incremental refresh" thing, where I use the RangeStart and RangeEnd parameters. For that, following the steps in this video, I need the "View Native Query" option to be enabled, which is not the case.

I realized while looking for solutions that it was because my table was from a SQL query, so I used that query to create a view table in my database.

I select new source and choose my newly created table, selecting the option to get data from Snowflake. But the Native Query option is still disabled.

Using this that I found on the Internet, I get this:

CLQ_0-1680287902489.png

Anyone knows how to solve this? Or some page that explains it? Because honestly I have no idea what to do. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @CLQ,

I'd like to suggest you take a look at the official document supported data source part if your data source not support for this feature:

Incremental refresh for datasets and real-time data in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

In addition, you can also check the following blog about expand the incremental refresh feature usages:

How to use Incremental Refresh on ANY data source! – PBI Guy (pbi-guy.com)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@CLQ were you able to get this to work?  I am in the same boat, trying to enable Native Query not numerous existing Snowflake data sources so that I can set up Incremental Refresh.  Having no luck.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @CLQ,

I'd like to suggest you take a look at the official document supported data source part if your data source not support for this feature:

Incremental refresh for datasets and real-time data in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

In addition, you can also check the following blog about expand the incremental refresh feature usages:

How to use Incremental Refresh on ANY data source! – PBI Guy (pbi-guy.com)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.