Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Neha_PowerBI
Frequent Visitor

MySQL Connection Error

Hi,

I am getting the following error while trying to load data in Power BI Desktop

Neha_PowerBI_0-1681465765007.png

I have never faced this issue earlier. After facing this issue today, I dowloanded the connectore using the following link (https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/) and have installed it. But, nothing seems to be soliving the issue. Can someone please help?
Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Neha_PowerBI,

This issue seems more related to the data drivers. What version of data driver are you worked on? 32bit or 64bit? Have you instead the match version with the remote data source settings?

Can you please share some more detail information about this issue? They should help us clarify your scenario and test to troubleshoot.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for responding @Xiaoxin Sheng
I am using 64bit data driver. The tables are in Heidi SQL. I had rreviously connected to the tables in Power Query. But, in the recent times though I can access the Heidi SQL but I cannot access the same data from Power Query. Getting the error

Hi @Neha_PowerBI,

What version of power bi desktop client are you worked? Have you tried to test current connection on the last version power bi desktop?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin Sheng,
Recently I got the latest version of Power BI which is June 2023, and I am still facing the same issue. 
Please help

Thank you

Best Regards,
neha

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.