Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sudharshan1919
Helper III
Helper III

Multiple Combination selection using Slicer

Hi All,

I have a table named A where in, below values were present

Id      Region              Java                 Python             Unix                AgentsName
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1      UK                       1                          0                    0                        Java
2      UK                       0                          1                    0                      Python
3      UK                       0                          0                    1                        Unix
4      UK                       1                          1                    0                  Java+Python
5      UK                       1                          0                    1                  Java+Unix
6      UK                       0                          1                    1                  Python+Unix

I also have a another table named B with the values like below

ListName        AgentName
--------------------------------
Unix                 Unix
Unix             Unix+Python
Unix             Unix+Java
Unix                   All
Java               Java
Java               Java+Unix
Java               Java+Python
Java               All
Python       Python
Python       Python+Unix
Python       Python+Java
Python       All

From the above table, in power bi..with the help of ListName column in Table B, i need the data to be filtered in Table A. I am using Slicer visual here and kept the ListName column from TableB. It must select all the combinations that are in Table A. That means, if i select Unix, then all the combinations that contain Unix must be shown, which are Java+Unix, Python+Unix, Unix+Python, Unix+Java, Unix, ALL.
Please help me to get et this achieved in Power BI

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sudharshan1919 ,

Please try below steps:

1. create a measure with below dax formula

Measure =
VAR cur_lname =
    SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Table B'[ListName] )
VAR cur_aname =
    SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Table A'[AgentsName] )
VAR _val =
    IF ( CONTAINSSTRING ( cur_aname, cur_lname ), 1 )
RETURN
    IF ( NOT ( ISFILTERED ( 'Table B'[ListName] ) ), 1, _val )

2. add a table visual with Table A fields, add a sclicer with Table B [ListName], add the measure to the table visual filter pan and set

Animation21.gif

Please refer the attached .pbix file.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sudharshan1919 ,

Please try below steps:

1. create a measure with below dax formula

Measure =
VAR cur_lname =
    SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Table B'[ListName] )
VAR cur_aname =
    SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Table A'[AgentsName] )
VAR _val =
    IF ( CONTAINSSTRING ( cur_aname, cur_lname ), 1 )
RETURN
    IF ( NOT ( ISFILTERED ( 'Table B'[ListName] ) ), 1, _val )

2. add a table visual with Table A fields, add a sclicer with Table B [ListName], add the measure to the table visual filter pan and set

Animation21.gif

Please refer the attached .pbix file.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

HEllo @Sudharshan1919 ,

You need to build a relationship between the two tables by agentname then you use list name to filter.

check this on how to build a relationship between tables https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/desktop-create-and-manage-relationships

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin
Vote For my Idea 💡

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Hello @Idrissshatila ,

I have already tried the approach that you have given, before posting this. But that couldnt satisfy my requirement. As you mentioned i have also used ListName column in the slicer, but when selecting the value in the slicer , in the below grid only the values that having that value are only being displayed. For example, if i select Unix... only Unix and All option are only displayed, but not able to display the combination values (Unix+Python, Unix+Java).
Kindly help me for this..

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.