Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multi-select slicer: how to set card to 0 for values that aren't selected

I have three cards, each showing a different total (for the number of clients who have received different services). The cards correspond to the categories in a slicer, and the slicer has to be multi-select. My client wants to the cards to show a 0 if the slicer value is not selected and the corresponding total if the value is selected.

I had a version of this that worked, but only because I set the slicer to single-select. When I change the slicer to multi-select and select more than 1 option, the cards all show 0.

Here's an example for one of the three cards that works with a single-select slicer but not with the multi-select slicer that I need. 

demo_total_training_consulting =
    VAR _service_type_selector = SELECTEDVALUE('aec_surveys Participants'[service_type], "All")
    RETURN
        SWITCH(TRUE(),
        _service_type_selector = "Training & Consulting", [service_total_training_consulting],
        0)

Is it possible to achieve what my client wants?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to your statement, I think your issue should be caused by "All" in SELECTEDVALUE(). 

The logic of SELECTEDVALUE('aec_surveys Participants'[service_type], "All") is when you selected multiple values or not select value it will return "All". 

Here I suggest you to try code as below to achieve your goal.

VAR _service_type_selector =
    VALUES ( 'aec_surveysParticipants'[service_type] )
RETURN
    IF(
        ISFILTERED('aec_surveys Participants'[service_type]),
        IF(
            "Training & Consulting" in _service_type_selector,                                                                                
            [service_total_training_consulting]),0),
        )

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help, @v-eqin-msft ! I was re-using some code without really thinking through what it meant. 

I was successful using a portion of your suggestion:

VALUES ( 'aec_surveys Participants'[service_type] )
RETURN
        IF(
            [service_total_training_consulting], 0)

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to your statement, I think your issue should be caused by "All" in SELECTEDVALUE(). 

The logic of SELECTEDVALUE('aec_surveys Participants'[service_type], "All") is when you selected multiple values or not select value it will return "All". 

Here I suggest you to try code as below to achieve your goal.

VALUES ( 'aec_surveysParticipants'[service_type] )
RETURN
    IF(
        ISFILTERED('aec_surveys Participants'[service_type]),
        IF(
            [service_total_training_consulting]),0),
        )

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.