Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

amirghaderi
Helper IV
Helper IV

Moving Sum

Hi,

I am looking for moving 3 weeks sum measure for a column value. Example as below:

Can anybody help?

Record

Date

EV

Moving Sum

RESULT

A

2/04/2021

A

B

9/04/2021

B+A

C

16/04/2021

C+B+A

D

23/04/2021

D+C+B

E

30/04/2021

E+D+C

F

7/05/2021

F+E+D

G

14/05/2021

G+F+E

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@amirghaderi  as per the informtation provided and data attached in very first post I used that and generated the expected result. See the screen shot below:

Capture.PNG

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amirghaderi
Helper IV
Helper IV

One more question,

If I want in another measure, only the MA for last period comes and every previous period becomes zero, then how to chnage the filter?

For example, in the above table, I want to see MA calculated for period 16-Apr-2021 and zero for everything else.

Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@amirghaderi  try this DAX measure:

Measure = CALCULATE (SUM ( TableName[EV] ),FILTER (ALL ( TableName ),TableName[Date] <= MAX (TableName[Date])
&& TableName[Date] = MAX ( TableName[Date] ) - 14))

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

The numbers dont make sense. any idea why?

Measure = CALCULATE (SUM ( Source[Period:Earned] ),FILTER (ALL ( Source ),Source[To Date.2] <= MAX (Source[To Date.2]) && (Source[To Date.2] >= MAX ( (Source[To Date.2]))-14)))

amirghaderi_0-1619081248019.png

@amirghaderi  as per the informtation provided and data attached in very first post I used that and generated the expected result. See the screen shot below:

Capture.PNG

Thanks, It worked. I only chnaged the filter to Allselected to make sure the filter applied to the report works on measure as well.

amirghaderi_0-1619144987580.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.