Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amirghaderi
Helper IV
Helper IV

Moving Sum

Hi,

I am looking for moving 3 weeks sum measure for a column value. Example as below:

Can anybody help?

Record

Date

EV

Moving Sum

RESULT

A

2/04/2021

A

B

9/04/2021

B+A

C

16/04/2021

C+B+A

D

23/04/2021

D+C+B

E

30/04/2021

E+D+C

F

7/05/2021

F+E+D

G

14/05/2021

G+F+E

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@amirghaderi  as per the informtation provided and data attached in very first post I used that and generated the expected result. See the screen shot below:

Capture.PNG

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amirghaderi
Helper IV
Helper IV

One more question,

If I want in another measure, only the MA for last period comes and every previous period becomes zero, then how to chnage the filter?

For example, in the above table, I want to see MA calculated for period 16-Apr-2021 and zero for everything else.

Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@amirghaderi  try this DAX measure:

Measure = CALCULATE (SUM ( TableName[EV] ),FILTER (ALL ( TableName ),TableName[Date] <= MAX (TableName[Date])
&& TableName[Date] = MAX ( TableName[Date] ) - 14))

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

The numbers dont make sense. any idea why?

Measure = CALCULATE (SUM ( Source[Period:Earned] ),FILTER (ALL ( Source ),Source[To Date.2] <= MAX (Source[To Date.2]) && (Source[To Date.2] >= MAX ( (Source[To Date.2]))-14)))

amirghaderi_0-1619081248019.png

@amirghaderi  as per the informtation provided and data attached in very first post I used that and generated the expected result. See the screen shot below:

Capture.PNG

Thanks, It worked. I only chnaged the filter to Allselected to make sure the filter applied to the report works on measure as well.

amirghaderi_0-1619144987580.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.